Sunday, April 21, 2013

I'm starting to think that the kids are really.....really...trying to make me go completely insane. Every 15 minutes during this delightful Friday...I've heard my kids slap the TV....kick the fridge....one even tried climbing in the oven today....I've heard several crashes of glass and even a tiny explosion and the sound of a body thud somewhere in the kitchen. But with every moment I hear something out the ordinary...no evidence or trace of evil doing can be found..the kids look at me in a guilty awkward way....but I can't find anything that would suggest that something is wrong...besides one of them trying to climb in the oven that is. I screamed at one time waiting to see their response...one laughed..the other tried to bite me...so I stopped that..almost immediately. 

While trying to bathe today...the 10 minutes of what I thought would be alone, happy silent time for me..since, you know..one was sleeping and the other was playing with toys in Heather's office..I actually heard the door creak, little feet sneaking in and then one of them ripped the shower curtain back to...get this....actually spray me with a cold water sprayer......oh dear GOD...it scared me so bad I slipped and hit my head on a whole nest of rubber duckies.

 I TRIED eating dinner after they were fed, but that didn't work out well, because apparently Logan's stomach is a bottomless pit...but before he could get his little "Mr. Grabby" hands on my food...no worries, my daughter already had plans to throw it on the floor and dance in it..as if my food was considered a sacrifice to my floor..at one point I tried throwing toys in different rooms, just so I could sneak away for a cigarette...boy did that fail, they brought the toys back to me as if it was a game of fetch.

Being a parent is special..because even after all of that...they come up to me and say 'I Love you Daddy!"..and then my heart melts and say I love you too little ones......and now, they're in bed..I can honestly say, the beer in my hand...is the best beer I've ever tasted..because at times, I think it might actually be my last..I sense tomorrow having to deal with an Anvil, a rope...and my son chewing through the rope..but I know that my wife will be there to push me out of that anvil's way and somehow save the day for me..once again with her wise words of parenting advice and say "It could be worse, we could've had twins...." Love you kids, love you wife, love my life...love the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment